I have been craving a BLT ever since I started making mayonnaise. Having mayo in the fridge is totally new to us. I didn’t know it could made so easily and have it fall within the Paleo guidelines. Not only do we eat it now, we devour it the day I make it!
Anytime I think of store bought mayo I cringe. Not only does it have all those additive and preservatives but it looks like a science project gone bad. Maybe this is why I had such a strong opposition to mayo with no urge to learn how to make it.
We have been eating these wraps like hey are going out of style. A great source of protein and fat all wrapped up in one! Adding turkey and avocado really sends this wrap over the deliciousness edge. They are easy to make and don’t require a lot of effort other than cooking the bacon and making the mayo (add 5 minutes) if you don’t already have some. You should, it is delicious.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes for the bacon
Yield: 5 small wraps
- 1 head of green lettuce, washed
- 1/2 pound roasted turkey, sliced thin
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 5 pieces of cooked bacon, chopped
- 5 slices of tomato
- 5 tablespoons homemade mayonnaise
- While the bacon is cooking, make the mayo and cut the fruit.
- Layer 2 pieces of lettuce on top of each other then spread with mayo.
- Layer a small amount of turkey, 2 slices of avocado, a little bacon, and 1 slice of tomato ontop of the mayo.
- Pick up one side of the lettuce and tuck it under the turkey. Roll the lettuce while pressing lightly to form a wrap.
- Cut diagonally for easier eating.